Stephen Mickle’s answers are:
16. Tourism Or Employment
Fulltime Industrial and Commercial business is needed, plain and simple. With there investment we may be able to continue subsidizing the fine tourist events in the past. We will always have and continue to receive tourists in our great Town.
18. Eliminate Police Contract Poison Pill Clause
We seriously need to negotiate this out of the contract.
19. Prioritize/Fund Infrastructure
Priorities to any infrastructure projects must come on a long term plan. They also have to be part of our accessibility of funds.
- Emerging competition for financial resources;
- New sources and paths to infrastructure investment performance data;
- Connections between business cases and project funding;
- Automating the business case evaluation process;
- Feeding the data needs of Mayors, Service Commissioners, Sustainability Managers, Resiliency Officers, and Budget Directors through Resiliency Dashboards; and
- Practical application of tools aimed at filling the information gap between project proponents and project stakeholders and financiers.
A host of things need to be in place and then we still need our portion of these funds.
I agree that we should not have sold the shares in ESSEX POWER CORP.
We will not become insolvent or bankrupt. But we need to look at all programs and cut where we can.
25. Hotel Needed?
We absolutely need a Hotel. We are not getting return on investment on anything we do in the Town. All visitors are spending there money elsewhere and not here. We are only getting a fraction of the money that should be staying in our Town. If we enrich our business’s we give relief to the taxpayer. We have subsidized other ventures so I cannot see why we cannot look into something here as well.
26. Support Nuisance Program for Fraserville?
I agree to better methods and continued larvicide, as I live in Fraserville. They are quite uncomfortable. This will, unfortunately be an ongoing problem. With the settling ponds and leakage from them, being pumped back, there will always be ponding and now the onset of salt mosquitoes from the brine it seems that a more intense program is needed. Possibly when these ponds get capped and leakage stops and control of the standing water?
27. Procedure To Handle Concerns From Fellow Citizens
We have staff to serve the whole community. If asked any questions from citizens they will get the answers. They are suppose to be qualified at what they are doing. So they should have or know the answers. And if we cannot get it immediately. most definitely be followed up with. I am accountable and so is staff. Together we will serve the public.
28. Ward System Better Serve The Residents?
I supported the ward system in 2010 and I support it now. The reasons have been obvious.
29. Commit To No Public Funds On Barriers; Inclusion.
Another policy really necessary? We have to follow the laws on this already. The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act advises that we have a committee comprised of mostly people with disabilities. And we can join another municipality or multiple municipalities for a joint committee. I suggest that we listen to our committee and there advice to complete what needs to be accomplished with in the legal parameters given by the law.
All answers to date are on the candidate answers page.