In a January 7, 2016 email to all members of council, I advised that at the end of each year of the previous council’s term, i emailed everyone regarding their performance.
I requested a response to the questions below and let them know that I set a deadline of January 15 since some had either indicated questions from the burg watch would not be answered and/or were not answered in the past.
During the 2014 election campaign, the then-candidates answered 40 questions from readers of the burg watch as follows:
Aldo DiCarlo all
Bart DiPasquale 8
Joan Courtney 5
Rick Fryer 0
Jason Lavigne 8 and following a threat of legal action, advised me that he will not be responding to anymore questions on my site
Leo Meloche 1
Diane Pouget 21
Year End Questions 2015 for the end of Year one:
- Have you fulfilled your campaign promises?
- Have you always responded to ratepayers’ emails? If not, why not?
- Are you satisfied with how requests for information are handled; both informal requests and Freedom of Information requests?
- When will you commit to ensuring the town’s website and council chambers are accessible?
- Is there one accomplishment you are particularly proud of?
- Is there anything you wish you had dealt with differently?
- What are your top three goals for 2016?
I can answer question 2; no and i have no idea why my emails are not always responded to and similarly, I have no idea why these questions are not answered when campaign promises focused on transparency and accountability.