In a previous post, I set out a chronology of my ignored request to the previous Amherstburg Police Services Board for the legal cost to the board/taxpayer for the Board’s defence of an Ontario Human Rights Tribunal Application for age discrimination by Sgt. J. Saxon; he was denied life insurance, short and long term disability benefits when he reached 60, contrary to the Code and despite there being no cost.
The Amherstburg Police Services Board considered my request at its March 17, 2015 meeting and decided that “legal costs relative to specific matters are privileged information. The only information available to the public is overall legal costs.”
To quote the fictional Blackadder, “utter crap!”
The Amherstburg Police Services Board, as of the 2014 municipal election, consists of:
- Pauline Gemmell, Chair, unsuccessful muncipal candidate
- Frank Cleminson, unsuccessful muncipal candidate
- Robert Rozankovic, unsuccessful muncipal candidate
- Mayor Aldo DiCarlo, successful municipal candidate
- Councillor Jason Lavigne, successful municipal candidate
What happened to accountability and transparency?
Commentary by Linda Saxon