We had ‘A Look Back’ at Aldo DiCarlo, who is not seeking re-election; now let’s take a look back at candidate Patricia Simone and her SimoneforAburg site.
My Pledge to Amherstburg included:
- Elected official must direct town employees and administration toward the objectives of the residents. As your elected official, I promise that the taxpayers’ agenda will govern my decisions and I will stand up for the community at town hall.
- Discussion with elected representatives is important. As your elected official, I promise to be available to answer any questions you may have.
- I believe in open government that communicates with its residents.
- Information should be readily available.
- Notice of meetings and proceedings at town hall should be better advertised.
- We need live streaming of council meetings for those who cannot attend at town hall.
- I will conduct a complete review of our communication processes to ensure our residents are getting the information they need.
Simone’s other page, My Platform includes:
Resident consultation committees have been eliminated. This is the wrong way to go. We need more consultation with residents, not less. I will support the creation of consultation committees that invite input from residents, while maintaining that the final decision-making authority remain in the hands of the elected Council.
Amherstburg Vote 2022