Councillor Patricia Simone asked if it was possible to get assistance from a third party that deals specifically with websites; if it was possible to potentially get a quote and then weigh that against the time staff would need to be in compliance. (September 14, 2020 council meeting discussion).
The Town of Amherstburg’s website is already designed by a third party, eSolutions (stated at the bottom of the town’s site).
Other third parties:
Cinnamon Toast New Media Inc.
Bang the Table Pty Ltd. for the Town of Amherstburg’s TALK THE BURG.
CAO Miceli and town clerk, Paula Parker, also referred to third party vendors during council’s discussion regarding non-compliance. Miceli referenced third party vendors that the town hosts on its own website; Parker mentioned the town has some third party vendors who are responsible for such things as the tourism website, the fire website is another one that is third party.
Email request for information
Ms. Parker’s response to my request for information regarding third party vendors for the town’s website was:
There are a number of third party vendors providing services to the Town in a variety of manners and a review by Town staff is ongoing as to redundancy, duplication and contract terms/conditions. While this review is underway and not yet complete, I cannot at this time provide a thorough list. A report is expected to be available in 2021 with suggestions from Administration for efficiencies in service delivery and a streamlined approach to web content delivery.
FOI request for information
- The names of all third-party vendors that the Town of Amherstburg hosted on the Town of Amherstburg’s website from January 1, 2012 to present.
- Copies of all Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes and Tenders for the redesign of the town’s website from January 1, 2012 to present.
- Copies of each individual contract for the third-party vendors with the Town of Amherstburg website from January 1, 2012 to present.
- All the costs of each individual purchase of the third parties’ services for the Town of Amherstburg’s website from January 1, 2012 to present.
- All the cost of hosting each of the third parties’ services for the Town of Amherstburg’s website from January 1, 2012 to present.
Ms. Parker sought clarification. Ms. Parker was advised, the wording was based on the wording CAO Miceli and she used at the September 14, 2020 town council meeting when both referred to the town’s website non-compliance of the accessibility standard due to third party vendors.
Ms. Parker then issued two decision letters:
- the Town of Amherstburg requires an additional 30 days to December 4, 2020.
- a fee estimate of $967.50, exclusive of photocopies.
more to follow.