There was no link to today’s Accessibility Advisory Committee meeting on the town’s site, although it was live streamed; the agenda was available in html format only and it was posted one day prior to the meeting.
There will be a very limited timeframe, deadline December 7, for asking people if they ‘feel’ the Town’s amenities meet their accessibility needs. The general questions the Accessibility Committee reviewed are at the end of this post.
Asking people how they feel, in general terms, is not the same as the legislated stipulation to review and update the town’s accessibility plan in consultation with persons with disabilities, aside from an accessibility advisory committee.
I’m guessing the survey’s short time frame and plan to present to town Council on December 13 is because the last multi-year plan on the town’s website is from January 2013.
The committee reviewed the brief questions:
- Are you an Amherstburg resident?
- What is your age?
- Do you identify as a person with a disability?
- Do you feel that Town facilities and amenities meet your accessibility needs?
- Do you feel that Town parkland and recreational amenities meet your accessibility needs?
- Do you feel that Town sidewalks and paths of travel meet your accessibility needs?
- Do you feel that the Town’s multi-use trail network facilities meets your accessibility needs?
- Do you feel that the Town’s communications meet your accessibility needs?